NEW MPT STUDY GUIDE TO ORDER FROM AMAZON! Perform Your Best on the Bar Exam Performance Test (MPT):
Learn to Finish the MPT in 90 Minutes "Like a Sport(TM)," With 12 Actual MPT Tasks, Sample Answers, Point Sheets, and Complete Analyses
A Study Guide for All Bar Exam Performance Tests, and for Law Students and Practitioners, to Develop Strong Organizational Habits "Like a Sport" and Produce More Efficient Work Products
Mary Campbell Gallagher, J.D., Ph.D.
President, BarWrite® and BarWrite Press
First Edition, 2011
ISBN 13: 978-0-9706088-3-3
CAN YOU RESEARCH AND DRAFT A LEGAL BRIEF IN 90 MINUTES?
Some 35 jurisdictions now require the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), from the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE), on their bar exams, allowing just 90 minutes, and Pennsylvania and California, which allows 3 hours, have their own performance tests. How can a bar candidate develop the habits needed to perform law-office tasks well--in so little time?
BarWrite® Press will soon launch Dr. Mary Campbell Gallagher's new study guide Perform Your Best on the Bar Exam Performance Test (MPT): How to Finish the MPT in 90 Minutes and Excel, With 12 Actual MPT Tasks, Sample Answers, Point Sheets, and Complete Analyses. Pre-order your copy today!
The MPT-MatrixTM Method was incredibly helpful, and I'd never seen anything like it before.
-- Alissa D. Rodriguez, Member, New York Bar
Perform Your Best on the Bar Exam Performance Test (MPT) features:
Pre-order your copy today! We will ship your copy just as soon as the book launches!
- MPT MatrixTM system for noting all of your research quickly and efficiently on one sheet of paper, making cross-referencing easy and avoiding time-wasting note-taking
- Four-Step system for managing your time
- Twelve (12) actual MPT tasks, as released by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) and used with permission, with a range of difficulty and a variety of formats
- Graders Point Sheets, as released by the NCBE, for all tasks
- Twelve sample answers for those actual MPT tasks, demonstrating appropriate formats and organization
- A note on analyzing each task, explaining how to read and outline the instructions, and how to analyze and organize each task
- Instructions and models for producing major MPT formats, including the memorandum format, the letter format, and the brief format, with sample instructions from released NCBE materials
- Appendix showing all previous MPT formats by year.
- Analysis of context of every MPT task included, and what type of organization is appropriate.
- Appendix on how to use the MPT MatrixTM system in law practice
To inquire about Dr. Gallagher's availability to speak or for consultation, law firms, law school faculty, and organizations should write to Staff@BarWrite.com.
ORDER IT FROM AMAZON TODAY!PERFORM YOUR BEST ON THE BAR EXAM PERFORMANCE TEST (MPT)(Book) Templates and a simple graphic system for organizing basic research and developing strong organizational habits "like a sport," to produce more efficient work products.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR. Mary Campbell Gallagher, J.D., Ph.D., is president of BarWrite® and BarWrite Press. She is a graduate of Harvard Law School, and she holds the Ph.D. in linguistics. BarWrite provides bar courses in New York, including courses for all states for the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), and Dr. Gallagher is available to consult and lecture nationwide on learning to organize legal tasks "like a sport." Dr. Gallagher is the author of Perform Your Best on the Bar Exam Performance Test (MPT): How to Finish the Test in 90 Minutes and Excel, which teaches the unique BarWrite 4-Four Step MPT System. She is also author of Scoring High on Bar Exam Essays: In-depth Strategies and Essay-Writing Practice That Bar Review Courses Don't Offer, Third Edition, 2006, which teaches the unique Under-Here-ThereforeTM legal writing system. Students can check their law school bookstore or order these books directly from the distributor, at http://www.LegalBooksDistributing.com. For more study tips for law students and bar candidates, visit http://www.BarWriteBlog.com.
Perform Your Best on the Bar Exam Performance Test (MPT): How to Finish the MPT in 90 Minutes and Excel, First Edition, 2011, by Mary Campbell Gallagher, J.D., Ph.D.
BarWrite Press http://www.BarWrite.com
Write to: Staff@BarWrite.com
ISBN 13: 978-0-9706088-3-3
Price of book: $67.95
Distributor: Legal Books Distributing http://LegalBooksDistributing.com
This forthcoming book provides what bar candidates need to excel on the Multistate Performance Test (MPT) and other performance tests. The MPT can account for 10 per cent of a candidate's bar exam score, yet even the best bar review courses often don't teach bar candidates to produce a good MPT work product within the 90 minutes the MPT allows. Many bar review courses give students a few tips and then hand them a pile of NCBE Point Sheets and tell them to go practice.
In this unique reference, students will find the step-by-step instruction they need. Perform Your BestTM teaches how to finish on time, how to get organized, how to produce a lawyerlike work product. It teaches a step-by -step system, with the most common formats explained and illustrated.