RAISE YOUR UBE SCORES!
BarWrite® 4-Day BAR Camps for the MPT and the Essays ~ LIVE CLASSES in New York City!
MPT and essays skills training, law, and feedback!
THE MULTISTATE PERFORMANCE TEST (MPT): You will spend one and one-half days learning and practicing efficient systems and tactics for completing the law-office tasks that are tested on the MPT.
- You will learn to complete MPT tasks on time.
- In addition, you will receive your own copy of the highly-acclaimed MPT study guide Perform Your Best on the Bar Exam Performance Test (MPT), by Dr. Mary Campbell Gallagher. It gives you templates for common law office tasks, plus twelve actual MPT tasks, sample answers, and explanations.UBE ESSAYS: “Put legal writing on auto-pilot.” You will spend two and one-half days mastering legal essay-writing the American way.
- You will memorize the most basic law for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) essay subjects, the famous “World Cup Rules.”
- In addition, you will receive NCBE-licensed outlines of all the law for the Uniform Bar Examination essays, plus the famous “World Cup Rules.”
- And you will learn systems to manage time on bar exam essays: time is a special challenge if English is not your first language.
For: LLMs and Retakers
Hours: 9am to 4pm each day
MTA Information for Manhattan Location of the Bar Camps:
New York City Bar Association
: 42 West 44th Street, New York City
is walking distance from Times Square MTA Station or Grand Central Terminal.
TESTIMONIAL FROM A FOREIGN-EDUCATED LLM
“As a foreign-educated lawyer, I was particularly nervous about taking the New York bar exam. It was an immense financial and logistical endeavour to fly from Europe for preparation courses and to sit for the exam. I therefore am most grateful to Ms. Gallagher, who played an integral role in making me feel prepared for the bar. I attended her widely recommended Boot Camp, during which she graciously and eloquently drilled content and methodology into my mind. I feel that it is thanks to her that I passed the New York Bar Exam at first attempt and was sworn into the bar today, 21 February 2013.”
– Desiree Lurf, University of Vienna, Austria, and Georgetown LLM, 2014,
Member, New York Bar.
“Brass Program” FEBRUARY 2018 4-DAY MPT & UBE ESSAYS BAR CAMPS AND 2 HOURS OF 1-on-1 COACHING
Tuition is $1227
FEBRUARY 2018 4-DAY BAR CAMPS
Tuition is normally $627.00 Special. Tuition is $597 until January 10, 2018.
FEBRUARY 2018 4-DAY BAR CAMPS
In addition to courses, BarWrite offers one-on-one coaching in-person or by Skype plus on-site MPT courses.
The BarWrite® Difference for the Uniform Bar Examination
To start with, BarWrite® bar prep courses for the UBE are not simply accelerated versions of standard courses for JDs. BarWrite® offers short bar preparation courses specifically for foreign-educated lawyers and retakers. They teach students how to raise their scores on the component tests of the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE). Thus, because BarWrite® bar prep courses are high-intensity supplements to full bar-review courses, every Barwrite® course must have a design that means maximum score-boosting effectiveness.
BarWrite® 4-Day BAR Camps for the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE)
BarWrite® 4-Day Boot Camps prepare candidates for the written part of the UBE. The written part of the UBE consists of the essays and the MPT. (i) In the Multistate Essay Exam (MEE) are six essay questions the candidate answers within three hours. And in addition to the seven MBE subjects, MEE essay subjects may come from Family Law, Trusts and Decedents’ Estates, Secured Transactions (UCC Article 9), Agency and Partnership, Corporations, and Conflicts of Laws.
(ii) The two Multistate Performance Test (MPT) tasks, however, are simulations of real practice tasks in a law office. A candidate performs two tasks within 180 minutes. They employ simulated research materials. Thus, a candidate needs to know no law to complete the MPT.
The BarWrite® 4-Day BAR Camps are concentrated MPT and MEE training. Given on a Monday (MPT), Tuesday, either Wednesday or Thursday, and Friday in February or July.
“I believe your “4-Day Written COMBO: NY Essays and MPT” was the key factor for my success in passing the NY bar exam. It helped me to finish essays and MPT on time by addressing issues presented.”
— Mustafo Davlatov, Trained in Tajikistan (a former Soviet Union Country), where he graduated from Tajik State National University Law School ~
Passed the July 2012 New York bar exam
What Do the BarWrite® 4-Day BAR Camps Offer?
- BarWrite® systems and tactics for the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), including systems for managing time. “We are the MPT Systems Specialists.”
- And the BarWrite® Under-Here-ThereforeTM system and tactics for the bar exam essays (MEE). These include systems for managing time, even if English is not your first language. Thus, candidates need not translate into or out of their native languages to succeed on the bar exam.
- Full outlines of all 13 UBE legal subjects, following the topic outlines published by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE)
- And summaries of the most basic principles of law in each area, in easy-to-memorize form (these are the famous BarWrite® World Cup RulesTM)
- Sample MEE essays in all areas, licensed from the National Conference of Bar Examiners, with full BarWrite answers
- And the best-selling MPT study guide Perform Your Best on the Bar Exam Performance Test (MPT), by Dr. Mary Campbell Gallagher. It contains templates for common law office tasks, plus twelve actual MPT tests, sample answers, and explanations. The National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) licenses those tasks to BarWrite.
- And numerous MEE and MPT outlines and paragraphs, written in-class
- Regular class sessions for memorizing the most basic World Cup Rules
- And guidance for the period between the end of classes and the bar exam
- Experienced instruction and expert support throughout
BarWrite also offers one-on-one coaching in-person or by Skype and on-site MPT courses.
Why Does an LLM Need to Take Bar Prep Courses to Prepare for the Uniform Bar Examination?
Whether JDs or LLMs, all bar candidates must take a full bar-review course to prepare for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE). In addition, LLMs and other foreign-trained lawyers have special reason to take courses to prepare for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE). The UBE tests on 13 subject areas of U.S. law, and not even JDs may have studied all of them in three years of law school. Plus attaining an adequate score on the MBE component requires detailed knowledge of seven of those subjects. This is especially important since only 1.8 minutes are available on average for answering each multiple-choice question.
MEE Essays and MPT. In addition to requiring knowledge of those same seven subjects and of another six subjects, writing the MEE essays, by contrast, requires competence in American-style legal writing, under time pressure. Finally, the MPT part of the exam is a test of practice-readiness. It requires rapid reading of abundant research materials and competence in American-style office drafting. And this is again under time pressure, to the standard of a first-year associate in a law firm.
Not surprisingly, timing is often a special challenge for bar candidates whose first language is not English. And every part of the UBE has time constraints. Candidates have 1.8 minutes for the MBE questions. And they have an average 30 minutes for each essay question. And they have 90 minutes for each MPT task.
As a result, the high-intensity BarWrite 4-Day Boot Camps provide score-boosting time-management training and informed support for LLMs and other foreign-trained lawyers and for retakers.
Why Are the BarWrite Bar Prep Courses Live, Rather Than On-line?
We believe that there is no substitute for live instruction. And this is especially true for bar candidates who may find preparing for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) to be challenging. While some students are trained as civil-law lawyers, some are re-taking the exam. For some, their first language is not English. And accordingly, receiving instruction in person can make a huge difference. In addition, our BarWrite® classes also involve a great deal of interaction between instructor and students. Students find this helpful.
Further, we believe that lecture classes may be good online, and videos may be effective for top students. And perhaps we are wrong. But we have not yet found a way to make videos work as well as our highly interactive classes.
You will learn the MPT-MatrixTM system for the MPT.
“Once the Matrix is completed, it’s all you need to respond to the Partner Memo.”
– DeAnn Mitchell, Detroit-Mercy School of Law, Passed the July 2012 Tennessee bar exam.
* You may supplement your work in the 4-Day Boot Camps with work with one of our experienced bar exam tutors.
Dear Bar Candidates:
The BarWrite® Four-Day MPT/New York Bar Essay Boot Camps are like a speed march for MPT and essay-writers in rough terrain with a heavy pack. Thus, there are strenuous exercise to strengthen your writing skills and knowledge of law in a hurry. In addition, you will practice rapidly outlining multiple essay answers and drafting lawyerlike paragraphs. You will also use the trademarked Under-Here-Therefore essay system Dr. Gallagher teaches in her highly-acclaimed book Scoring High on Bar Exam Essays. Consequently, you will learn and practice the skills you most need.
Finally, these Boot Camps are a high-tech, low-touch, experience, moving rapidly forward with stimulating class exercises. And most of all, the aim is to help you improve your MPT and bar exam essay-writing and time-management skills, and your knowledge of key law, as quickly and dramatically as possible over the course of just four days. Conflict with BarBri? Ask to make up their class sessions. This Boot Camp will change your legal writing forever.
Enrolled Students Are Eligible for a Special $50 Tuition Discount on online MBE tool Adaptibar.